Denklingen Castle

  • Castle/Palace/Manor House
The castle appears to have originally been an old Sayn court.
The current castle building, constructed between the 16th and 18th centuries, was originally a moated castle. It was restored in 1987, and the two-story gatehouse, dating from 1698, was reopened during the renovations. The stone vaults along the sides, which once served as a prison for the Windeck High Court, had been walled up for practical reasons when the town was developed.
The local clubs, under the leadership of the Denklingen Heritage and Beautification Association, have transformed the castle into a place for meeting and communication.
A large pottery market takes place in the castle courtyard during the Pentecost holidays.
The wedding room is located on the first floor. The start of married life begins here idyllically within venerable old walls (information about the wedding room is available from the registry office at telephone number 02296-801-311).
The St. Anthony Chapel in the center of Denklingen is located directly on the former mill pond "Klus" and opposite the castle. It is used by both major denominations for weddings and baptisms.

Good to know

Opening hours

The castle can only be viewed from the outside.

General Information

  • Parking lots available

  • Bus stop available

Arrival & Parking

A public parking lot is located directly next to the municipal administration building, which is situated next to Denklingen Castle.
The Reichshof Denklingen bus stop is located in the immediate vicinity of the castle. It is served by bus line 303.

author

Bergisches Haus GmbH - Bergisches Haus
Friedrich-Ebert-Strasse 75
51429 Bergisch Gladbach

License (master data)

Bergisches Haus GmbH - Bergisches Haus
License: no copyright required (public domain) (no copyright)