Die ehemalige Burganlage aus dem 12. Jahrhundert beheimatet heute den Golf Club Burg Overbach.
The historical fortress in Much was restored in accordance with the preservation of monuments and serves as a golf-course operation today.
The foundation of the knight’s castle Overbach goes back to the early 12th century. The former fortress was founded by the young nobleman Eberhard von Afferath in 1131 and is one of the oldest residences of the lords of the manor, which were established here at the Oberbergisches Land in the period of the Hohenstaufen Emperors. It was a water-surrounded castle. The main building was destroyed at the end of the 16th century and re-established at the beginning of the 17th century. Just the main building has been maintained. The water ditches are filled-up partly.
Since 1984, the Golf Club Burg Overbach e.V. has been the owner of the fortress. A wonderful golf course was erected here. The golf club is endeavoured to maintain the fortress.