Eibach Water Castle Ruins
The former moated castle in Frielingsdorf-Scheel was built in 1352. The multi-story castle with its corner towers was destroyed in 1782 and not rebuilt.
The building formerly used as a gatehouse and the adjacent farmhouse are completely preserved. Not far from Eibach Castle lie the ruins of Neuenberg Castle, which, like Eibach Castle, belonged to the sphere of influence of the neighboring Gimborn Castle.
The building formerly used as a gatehouse and the adjacent farmhouse are completely preserved. Not far from Eibach Castle lie the ruins of Neuenberg Castle, which, like Eibach Castle, belonged to the sphere of influence of the neighboring Gimborn Castle.
Good to know
Opening hours
- The castle ruins can only be viewed from the outside.
Possible ways to pay
- Eintritt frei
Arrival & Parking
- The Eibach castle ruins are located approximately 750 meters east of the village of Scheel. There is no parking available at the ruins. Please park in the village; the Eibach ruins can be reached on foot in about 10 to 15 minutes.
author
Bergisches Haus GmbH - Bergisches Haus
Friedrich-Ebert-Strasse 7551429 Bergisch GladbachLicense (master data)
Bergisches Haus GmbH - Bergisches Haus





