Fachwerk, Wald und beeindruckende Ausblicke mit dem E-Bike entdecken.
Highlights along the route:
- historical centre of Ruppichteroth: The timber-framed houses line up like little gems and form the historical centre. The decorative alleyways between the Catholic parish church and the Protestant church provide original Bergisch flair.
- Panorama Ruppichteroth: On both sides of the forested Bröltal valley, Ruppichteroth nestles into the hilly landscape. Meadows and wetlands, extensive forests and gentle hills surround the centre with its two church towers.
- Juliusstollen Ruppichteroth: The roots of the town’s history run deep. At the entrance to the former “Juliusstollen” iron ore adit, the wagons are a reminder of the ore mining around the “Grube Sperber” and “Zuckergrube” pits up until 1882.
- Herrenbröl Castle Ruins: In Bröltal, you will find the remains of the Herrenbröl Castle Ruins, a manor house first documented in 1417. Of the castle complex, parts of the surrounding walls and the tower remain.
- Winterscheid: The municipality was first mentioned in documents in 1131 and has won many awards as the most beautiful village in the district of Rhine-Sieg.